Considering the low price of the Wockoder Vintage Style Wood Finish Record Player, is it worth looking at? Let’s find our in our expert review.
Is the Wockoder Vintage Style Record Player Worth The Money?
A quick look at the Wockoder KD-2008BL Record Player:
EASE OF USE
4.8 / 5
Very user friendly player and easy to set up
4.5 / 5
Unit is very lightweight and portable
4.0 / 5
Needs external speakers for better sound
VALUE FOR MONEY
4.8 / 5
Very affordable compared to similar products
The Inexpensive Wockoder Portable Nostalgic Turntable In Review
Are you a music lover who wants to revive and re-experience playing classic vinyl records? Then you’d need a turntable. There are different turntables and record players that you can purchase online, and they come in different sizes and speed settings.
However, if you want a piece that you can carry around the house without hassles and accommodates various speed settings, then we have the unit for you. It’s the Vintage Style Wood Finish Record Player by Wockoder.
Wockoder Vintage Style Record Player Overview
There is not a lot of information online about the company, but they seem to have a range of different record players being offered, all tabletop, lightweight, and portable.
Compared to their other products, the piece that we are going to review is one of their more affordable options.
Most of their designs have a vintage look, but they hail from different decades. Some have a more retro vibe, while others have the fifties look. The Vintage Style Record Player, however, has a more minimal, yet, mid-century aesthetic to it.
Who Is The Wockoder Vinyl Turntable For?
We recommend this record player for those who love listening to their favorite records anywhere in the house, or even while celebrating an event someplace else.
What you need is a lightweight unit that is durable enough to withstand being transferred every now and then, and flexible enough to play any vinyl record size and speed.
This unit is also for those who have limited space at home or those who want an affordable entry-level unit to play their growing record collection such as college students who live in dorms.
If you do decide to purchase this unit, you can expect to get the turntable itself with its built-in speakers. As we’ve mentioned above, though, we still recommend for you to play this unit in tandem with external speakers to make the most out of its sound quality.
It would have been nice to have more information on the product page about the other items that might be or might not be included along with the record player, such as its power cord, USB cable, and attached stock phonograph cartridge.
Wockoder KD-2008BL Record Player Features
Now that we already know what the product is, let’s get acquainted a little better by learning its features. Here they are:
- Ruby Stylus: This unit is equipped with a durable stylus that can last long hours of listening before in need of being replaced.
- Built-In Spring: This reduces the surface vibration of the device that can affect sound quality.
- Controllable Lifting Arm: This allows the user to adjust the arm of the device and help the stylus move better on the surface of your records for improved accuracy.
- Multiple Speed Settings: This unit can play vinyl records of different sizes, 7, 10, and 12 inches, on three different speed settings, 33, 45, and 78 RPMs.
- Multiple Jacks: Here are the ones built into the product: aux-in jack, DC in, audio out, and headphone jack.
- Bluetooth-Enabled: You can use this record player to play your favorite tunes from your portable digital devices via Bluetooth connection.
- Two Color Options: Finally, this unit comes in both wood and classic black variants.
How to Make the Most Out of Your Record Player
The Wockoder Belt-Driven Record Player truly has a lot of useful features, so here are a few more tips on how we can make the most out of it:
- Determine the best locations for your record player. If you’re planning to move your record player around the house, then it’s best to determine the locations where you’re planning to put it on in advance. Remember, the best places are those that have the least vibration. We don’t recommend placing it beside your speakers. If possible, keep them on separate surfaces.
- Keep your vinyl records organized. Keep them free of dust and moisture. If there are records that you enjoy playing in certain rooms at home, then you can keep them there as well. We love keeping all our records in the same place, though.
- Keep your cords all in one place. If you can distribute your records all around the house, we don’t recommend doing the same for your cords and cables.
By keeping the tips we have shared with you in mind, we’re sure that you will be able to maximize the use of your portable record player.
Wockoder KD-2008BL Vintage Turntable Key Points
What We Like
- Elegant design
- Easy to use
- Multiple speed settings
- Excellent customer service
What We Don’t Like
- Sound quality can be improved
- Limited color options
Wockoder Vintage Style Vinyl Turntable vs. Similar Units
You might be wondering how the Wockoder Belt-Driven Vintage Style Record Player measures up to similar products, though, so that’s what we are going to do next.
- Victrola Vintage Suitcase Turntable
The first product that we’ve found is the Victrola Vintage Suitcase Turntable. Like Wodocker’s record player, this is also lightweight and portable but what we love about this is that since it is a “suitcase”, it also comes with a handle. Not to mention that it comes in a whopping 26 color choices.
- Wockoder Record Player Turntable
The second product we’ve found is another unit made by Wockoder; it’s their Vinyl Record Player with Speakers. It is equipped with the same features but its casing has a slightly different design. What we love about it, though, is that it is slightly more affordable than the unit we have featured in this article.
- SeeYing Record Player Bluetooth Turntable
Finally, we’ve also found SeeYing’s Record Player. It is the most affordable unit in the list and is also lightweight and portable. The design, though, is very simple and modern and it doesn’t give that vintage appeal.
Compare these featured Record Players:
In Conclusion, Should You Consider Buying This Wockoder Record Player?
If you want to enjoy all of the features that we have stated above, then we definitely recommend Wockoder’s Vintage Style Wood Finish Record Player. It’s worth the money and it has a classic look that will never grow old, much like your favorite tracks.
On the other hand, if you want more design options and would want your record player to come with a handle, then go for Victrola.
Finally, of course, the bottom line depends on what you prioritize. If you want to save the most money regardless of the look, then we definitely recommend the SeeYing Record Player.
- Ease of Use
- Build Quality
- Sound Quality
- Value Factor